When do you know when it is time to go to therapy? You clicked on this blog post for a reason. Maybe you typed “ signs I may need therapy” in a search engine, or a close friend or family member told you that you need therapy. However, you still aren’t sure you need to talk to some stranger about how you are feeling.
Check out the following signs to see if any of them pertain to you.
1. I am always angry. My angry outbursts are affecting my relationships, both personal and professional.
2. I am always feeling down. I don’t want to get up in the morning, eat or participate in any activities.
3. My partner and I no longer communicate and we are on the verge of ending our relationship.
4. I am constantly stressed out and overwhelmed. I cover up my feelings by drinking alcohol, using drugs, overeating, shopping or gambling.
5. I survived some form of physical, mental, sexual or emotional abuse and it is negatively affecting the way I relate to my family, friends, coworkers and the world.
6. My child is not listening and consistently challenges me. and I am at my wits end.
7. I recently divorced. I feel all alone and don’t know how to start over.
8. I discovered my spouse is cheating, however, we would like to make our relationship work.
9. I don’t feel good about myself and people don’t like me.
After reading these signs, are you still questioning if you need therapy? Maybe you didn't see any signs that spoke to your situation. Try filling in the blanks below.
Lately, I have been feeling ___________ because ___________. I’m tired of the feeling this way and it is affecting some part or all of my life. I am feeling all alone and have no one to talk to.
If you were able to fill in the blanks, then that is your sign that you may need to seek a licensed therapist to support you during this tough time. A therapist will assess, diagnose and provide you with the tools to help you navigate the struggles in your life. The goal is help return to your normal self and lead a productive and satisfying life.
As a therapist, I will listen without judgment and assist you in creating inner peace.
If you are still questioning if you need therapy or if you are ready to make a change in your life for a better quality of life, call me for a free 15-minute consultation at 510-250-3091. I look forward to hearing from you.
I am a therapist who helps individuals who are motivated to transform their inner voice of self-doubt and self-criticism into a powerful voice of positive self-talk and self-trust. We help individuals recognize their inner worth, build their self-esteem and speak their truth.